Local Shopping Guide
Although we are only a 20 min drive away from Nelson, most of what you’ll need during your stay can also be found nearby. It not only saves you some precious holiday time in the outdoors, you also make a very tangible contribution to sustaining our community’s rural way of life. What happens in Ymir, stays in Ymir!
Foods & Beverage - Ymir:
- “The Goods”: our local convenience store for all the basic odds & ends. Specialized in organic produce, incl. the coffee & sandwich counter. Please ask for opening hours as they change with the seasons.
- Ymir Bakery: Freshly baked breads & pastries all from natural ingredients. Opening hours Sun. 10am-4pm. Mon-Wed. 6am-6pm.
Foods & Beverage - Salmo:
- Salmo Foods, Davies Ave. Carries a wide selection of whole foods and locally sourced organic produce. Mon-Sat, 8am-6pm
- Shop Easy, Main street. 7 days a week, 8am-8pm.
- Salmo BC Licquor Store, Main Street
Not in the mood for cooking? No problem, we’ve found a great partner in our Ymir caterer for breakfast and dinners delivered straight to your cabin. Where available, all ingredients are organic & locally sourced, changing with the seasons. Please check out our menu below.
Arts & Crafts:
- “The Squirrell”, Salmo Hway 6.
- Ymir Craft Fairs. Held irregularly at the Ymir Schoolhouse or Community Center. We will inform you of any events scheduled during your stay.
- Salmo Farmer’s Market. Summer only, every Thursday 10-3pm
- Nelson Farmer’s Market. Summer only, every Saturday 10am-3pm
Pharmacy: Salmo Drug Market
Specialty orders: For anything else, please feel free to ask us for further information, we’re happy to point you in the right direction and/or make arrangements on your behalf.